Organic Brown Rice is a whole grain rice with hulled and outer most bran layers, endosperm and germ. It is unmilled and unpolished grain more nutritious than white rice.
Nutritional Composition & its Health Benefits :
- Brown Rice is a good source of Vitamin B2, Vitamin B9, Iron, Potassium and Zinc. But is very rich in manganese. It is also known to be rich source of Vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5 and Vitamin B6. Also contain a rich content of minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, selenium and zinc.
- Manganese has strong anti oxidant properties and helps reduce inflammation. It also plays a role in blood sugar regulation and improve bone health.
- Phosphorous is an essential mineral important to bone health. It helps in producing DNA & RNA which is body's genetic building blocks.
- Magnesium is a mineral that helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong and heart rhythm steady.
- Vitamin B1 and B2 are essential for healthy growth and development.
- Vitamin B3 acts as anti inflammatory and needed for health of the digestive system and skin.
- Vitamin B5 is needed for the body's response to stress and the manufacture of the anti bodies. It is necessary for making blood cells and helps convert food into energy.
Cooking Tips : Rinse it. Ratio 2 and 1/2 cups of water every cup of rice. Cook or boil both water and rice and then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and most of the liqiud has been absorbed, 40 to 50 minutes. Let's stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.