Omega 3, linoleic fatty acid and omega 6, linoleic fatty acid are essential in the constitution, maintenance and complete nutrition of brain and blood cell membranes. Improves the immune system membranes process (sinclair) for infants, young and elderly.
Essential fatty acids are also very important substances in the treatment of diabetes mellitus, to avoid production of ketone bodies.
(Ketosis). Fulcao J - Lopaschuk GD mitchell GA. Pathways and control of ketone body metabolism. 2004: 70-243 Leukot Essent. Fatty acids.
Treatment of arthritis and degenerative diseases of the central nervous system.
Adults - 10 to 20 grams daily ( 1 Tablespoon )
Young - 5 to 10 grams daily ( 1 Tablespoon )
Children - 3 to 5 grams daily ( 1 Tablespoon )
Bread, Salads, Vegetables sauces, Dressings, Cottage cheese or plain.
General Composition / Ingredients
1. Calories - 110 Kcal
2. Total Fat - 11 g
3. Cis Bio Active Essential Fatty Acids 86%
4. Polyunsaturated Fat 8% of which :
Omega 3 A-Linoleic - 6200 mg 62%
Omega 6 A-Linoleic - 1810 mg 20%
5. Monounsaturated Fat 2 grams
Omega 9 - 2040 mg 3 %
6. Natural Lecithin 3g 13%
7. Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
8. Flaxseed Particulate (Lignans) 2.660mg
Example menu to use Organic / Bio Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Brown Flaxseed Oil
Mixed green salad
4 cups mixed baby greens or mesclun, loosely packed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Organic / Bio Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Brown Flaxseed Oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar, or 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon mustard
1 Belgian endive, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
1. Place the greens in a serving bowl.
2. Place the oils, lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl or jar, and whisk or shake until well mixed. Toss the greens with the dressing
3. Serve and sprinkle the Belgian endive slices over each portion.
Makes 4 serving
(Food and our bones, Annemarie Colbin 1998)