This grain is very good for stopping the generating of excess mucus that not important for the body. Also good for your stomach or intestinal ulcer. This also good for decrease diarrhea.
Boiled millet preparation
2 cups of millet
2 1/2 cups of boiling water per cup of millet
pinch of sea salt per cup of millet
1. Wash the millet, and lightly dry-roast in a frying pan and stir a bit fast but softly to not let it burn.
2. When you smell the aroma add the boiling water and salt.
3.Put to boil again, cover it, and decrease the heat then simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
Example menu of Millet hull
- 1/2 cup of millet that washed already
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Small carrot cut into little chunks
- 1/2 parsnip cut into little chuncks
- 1/2 cup sweet squash cut into chunks
- 1/2 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- small scallion, very finely sliced diagonally for decoration
Dry roast the millet in heavy frying pan until it turns golden
In a large heavy based pan, layer the onions, carrot, parsnip and pumpkin, with the millet on top. Cover with water, season with sea salt, and bring to boil on a few heat for 20 minute, checking occasionally to make sure that the millet which absorb a great deal of water is always covered with water.
Once the millet is cooked (it should be soft) switch off and serve garnished with scallions. Keep for 1 day.